Tuesday, October 7, 2014

When you come for an appointment

Here is what to expect when you come for a grooming appointment:

When I am checking in a dog.  I check over every dog with the Pet parent standing right there.  I am checking the skin and coat condition, head, tail and paws.  I make sure that we are on the same page as to what you, the Client is wanting out of the groom.  I will ask, some times multiple times, what are you wanting from the groom. If I see fleas on your dog, I will automatically give your dog a flea & tick shampoo bath.  This will be an added fee and I will call you to let you know. 
  • Do you want the dog just bathed? 
  • Are you wanting the dog's hair cut?
  • How long or short do you want the haircut to be?
  • Do you want a Breed Specific haricut?Schnauzer haircut, Clean face/ Clean feet on a poodle,& so on.
  • Do you want teethbrushed on your doggie?
  • If your dog's skin is dry, have you considered oatmeal shampoo and/ conditioner
  • Do you want whitening shampoo to brighten up your dog's coat?
  • If your dog is matted, there may be little I can do.  I may be able to brush some knots out, but I may have to shave short.  This is a case by case deal and you will know before you leave my house on what to expect out of the groom.  
  • If you dog's coat is in good shape (little to no knots), I will be able to do whatever groom you wish
  • If my dog needs some type of haircut, do you want an outline trim (face, feet, & rear) or do I want an all over hair cut
  • Just because you want a full haircut, does NOT mean you have to shave short.  Like I already mentioned, if your dog's coat is in good shape, I can do as short or as long (up to 2inches) as you wish.  
ALL grooms come with the basic bath package.  This basic bath package includes: Bath, anal gland expression, nail trim, nail grind (as long as dog allows it), ear clean, and a good brushing.  The next level is an "Outline Trim" and then the most involved package is the "Full Haircut"

One thing I ask, if you see something off at check out, please let me know and I'll be happy to fix it before you leave.  If you notice something off in the next 48hrs, give me a call or text to let me know and if you want me to fix it, I'll be happy to fix it.  I try my best to do the best job I can!  I want you to be happy with the groom and I would love for you to come back!  

No comments:

Post a Comment